My baby isn't such a baby anymore.  


As we walked through the train station in Savannah, Georgia on Thursday, I in charge of my things and she in charge of hers, I remembered back to when she couldn't even hold her own bottle.




As I watched her swim, jump, and laugh in the pool with her friends, I remember back to when we took our first mommy and me swim class and she clung onto me for dear life.  


As I listened to her and her friends crack jokes and talk very tween-like, I remember when her dad and I could talk about things in code if we didn't want her to know what we were talking about, simply by spelling words out.


As she snuggled up next to me for the 16 hour train ride home (after scoffing at the fact that she had to sit with me just moments earlier), I realized that my baby may not be a baby anymore...  But she will always be my baby.


Comments

  1. Awwww... I clicked on your post because I wrote about a similar theme today! It's such a cliche to say it, but it's so true: THEY GROW UP TOO FAST!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so well written, Missy. Gave me the "feels", as Audra would say. Feeling the same about my "baby girl" right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a comment and it didn't go through. Sigh - technology. Thank you for also sharing about this yesterday. It's a powerful reminder to cherish the time we have with babes and when we get a glimpse of that little one that loved our company so much before they "grew up."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment